Friday, October 30, 2020

Imperialism on Africa


Summary: This article explains how Africa was treated compared to other places. It explains how Africa was treated less in many ways like Religion, Social, Culture, Political, and economic ways. 


 Analysis: I agree with this article because it really shows how Africans did not have an opinion on things and had things forced on them, like for example, religion. In the article it states “Through imperialism, Christianity was brought to the continent. It completely changed the religious dynamic of the natives. Everything about their way of life including the most sacred was removed.” This shows me that this article proved that Imperialism affected Africans today and showed why they were affected. In my opinion I think that they did a good job explaining it because from what I get from this is that Africans were afraid to speak their mind because they thought that they had to stick to one belief because it was what was forced onto them.

 Discussion Questions: Do you agree or disagree that Africans are still affected today from Imperialism?

5 comments:

  1. Your analysis was very good, I liked your use of quotes. But I would have liked your summary to be a bit longer, I didn't feel like I got a ton of information. But overall, good blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked your post! Your analysis was very informative and I enjoyed understanding your perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked hearing your analysis! I think that the summary could have been a little longer but overall it was really good! I agree that today Africans are still affected by imperialism.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree I think africans are still affected by imperialism and There are still several negative effects of imperialism that became evident after many African nations became independent.

    ReplyDelete